As a mother of a two-year-old girl, I believe it’s important to give my child opportunities to learn new skills that will benefit her in the long run. One of these skills is swimming, and that’s why I decided to bring my daughter to HappyFish swim school in the Downtown east mall, Singapore when she was just 15 months old. She had already been introduced to the pool at 10 months, and she loved the water, so it was the perfect time to start her formal swim lessons.
Let us explore more on this.
Benefits of joining a swimming class:
Swimming is not only a fun activity for infants and toddlers but also a great way to promote their physical and cognitive development. It helps them build strength, coordination, and confidence in the water from an early age. Sharing some benefits of joining a swimming class below:
- Motor Skills Development: Swimming exercises promote the development of gross motor skills, such as kicking, reaching, and crawling, which are crucial for a child’s physical growth.
- Water Safety: Learning basic water safety skills at an early age reduces the risk of accidents and drowning. HappyFish focuses on teaching water safety and survival skills alongside swimming techniques.
- Cognitive and Social Development: Swimming classes introduce infants and toddlers to new environments, sounds, and sensations, enhancing their sensory perception and cognitive abilities. Additionally, group classes offer valuable social interaction and help children develop social skills and confidence.
If you’re looking for the perfect swimming program for your little one in Singapore, HappyFish is an excellent choice. Here’s why:
- Indoor Heated Pools with No Chemical Water: HappyFish provides a safe and comfortable swimming environment by using indoor heated pools. The absence of chemical water ensures that your child’s sensitive skin remains protected.
- Multiple Centers Across the City: HappyFish has several centres conveniently located across Singapore, allowing you to choose the one closest to your home or workplace.
- Professional, Gentle, and Patient Coaches: HappyFish coaches are highly professional and experienced in teaching infants and toddlers. They possess the unique ability to be gentle, kind, and patient, creating a nurturing environment that helps children feel at ease.
- Convenient Dashboard and Milestone Certificates: HappyFish provides an easy-to-use dashboard that keeps parents informed about their child’s progress. It displays information about pending lessons, goals achieved, and upcoming milestones. Additionally, upon completing milestones, children receive certificates, acknowledging their accomplishments and boosting their confidence.
- Underwater Shoots at HappyFish: HappyFish offers the option for parents to have underwater shoots done at various centres. These shoots capture precious moments of your child’s swimming journey and provide lasting memories.
FAQs I’ve got from moms across various platforms
How has Divisha’s experience been at HappyFish?
Since Divisha was 15 months old, she has been taking swimming lessons at HappyFish Dtown East. The classes have had a significant impact on her motor skills and overall development. She has become more confident in the water, improving her coordination and balance. Moreover, the swim lessons have become a precious bonding time for us, strengthening our mother-daughter relationship.
Group Classes vs. Private Lessons- what’s best?
While private lessons may seem appealing, I prefer group classes at HappyFish for several reasons:
- Cost-Effective: Group classes are relatively cheaper than private lessons, making them more accessible for many families.
- Social Interaction: Children thrive in group settings, as they learn from and interact with their peers, promoting social skills and friendly competition.
- Supportive Environment: Group classes at HappyFish foster a supportive atmosphere, where children encourage and motivate each other, creating a positive learning environment.
What are some of the essential items required for Swimming?
When preparing for swimming lessons, make sure to have the following essentials:
- Swim Diapers: Infants and toddlers should wear swim diapers to prevent any accidents in the pool.
- Sunscreen: Apply a waterproof sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your child’s sensitive skin from harmful UV rays.
- Swimwear: Choose comfortable and well-fitting swimwear for your child to ensure ease of movement in the water.
Before starting swim lessons, it’s important to ensure that your child is in good health and doesn’t have any medical conditions that could affect their swimming.
Where can we as parents take swim lessons?
HappyFish offers classes for adults too!
Enrolling my daughter in swim lessons at HappyFish swim school has been one of the best decisions I’ve made as a parent. Their indoor heated pool with chemical-free water, professional coaches, flexible class options, and multiple centres across the city-state has made it a great experience for both me and my daughter. Swimming has numerous benefits for babies, and I’m glad that my daughter is getting a head start on learning this essential life skill.
I hope I was able to cover everything here. If you have any more questions, you know how to reach me, and if you don’t here’s my email address: email@example.com
For more information on HappyFish centres and classes, visit https://happyfish.sg