Bringing a newborn baby into your home is an extraordinary experience, filled with joy, wonder, and a newfound sense of responsibility. As a new parent, creating a safe and clean environment becomes paramount to ensure your little one’s well-being. With countless products available on the market, one name stands out for its commitment to cleanliness and hygiene: Dettol. In this article, we explore valuable tips and insights on how Dettol can become an invaluable ally in your journey as a new parent, helping you maintain a pristine and safe home environment for your bundle of joy.
The arrival of a baby brings about a multitude of changes, including an increased focus on cleanliness and sanitation. Newborns are highly susceptible to infections and illnesses, as their immune systems are still developing. This makes it crucial for parents to adopt effective cleaning practices and utilize trusted products that prioritize hygiene without compromising on safety.
Dettol, a renowned brand with a rich history spanning decades, has been at the forefront of promoting cleanliness and safeguarding against germs. Their range of products is designed to provide peace of mind to parents, offering effective solutions that help maintain a germ-free environment within the home.
In this article, we will delve into various aspects of house cleaning and safety, exploring how Dettol products can assist new parents in tackling the unique challenges they face. From creating a cleaning routine to utilizing the right products for different surfaces, we will discuss practical strategies that can make a significant difference in the overall well-being of your family.
Keeping Your Environment Safe
Babies are more susceptible to illnesses during the first few weeks of coming home so be sure to try and keep his or her environment bacteria-free as much as possible.
- Focus on cleaning the floor, cots, high-chairs, toys or anything your baby may come into contact with. Aside from regular mopping and dusting, disinfect these surfaces with Dettol Antibacterial Liquid to remove any germs or dirt that may be on them from daily use. Household surfaces and even strollers are used very frequently and as a result, become hotspots for germs and viruses that could make you or your baby sick. Using Dettol Disinfectant Spray can also minimize the spread of these germs.
- It’s important to stop germs before they have a chance to spread. Dirty baby clothes kept in laundry baskets are susceptible to germ growth especially when ignored for periods of time. Washing them with a skin-safe, antibacterial detergent regularly can stop the spread of these germs and allow your baby to feel fresh and clean in their clothes. Germs and dirt from sweating in your sleep cake pillows and mattresses without you knowing. Wash all pillows on a gentle cycle and dry them so they remain clean and dust free.
- Keep Your Hands Clean. This may seem obvious but with a new baby, it is easy to forget basic steps in your daily routine. It’s important to consistently keep hands clean to prevent germs from spreading. Since you’re doing everything with your hands from cooking to cleaning, use Dettol’s Liquid Handwash or sanitiser to ensure clean hands before you carry or play with your little one.
- Limit your baby’s interactions. Because babies are additionally sensitive to their environments and new people, it is advised that parents keep visitations to a minimum for at least the first two weeks. Your child unknowingly could contract serious or even fatal illnesses simply through exposure. Try not to let new people kiss or hug your baby while their immune system strengthens since they are not yet protected by vaccines. If you have visitors over who aren’t from your immediate household, try keeping some Dettol Antibacterial Wipes or Dettol Hand Sanitizer on coffee tables or by entrances so your guests can use them to limit the spread of germs before saying hello to your little one.
Self-Care is Equally as Important as Baby Care
- To prevent one person from maintaining the cleanliness of the household singlehandedly, share the load. Stay organized by writing down tasks that need completing separating them by frequency. List down what needs to get done daily, weekly and monthly. Don’t forget to schedule some me time. Self-care should also be an important part of maintaining your household.
- As a new parent, finding time for yourself may prove difficult in between grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning. You’ll probably find the best chance you have for me time is in the shower. Take advantage of this and set aside some time as frequently as you’d like to have a destressing bath as part of your new routine. Aromatherapy can prove very helpful in unwinding from the day or taking the edge off, so use something that smells great and will leave you feeling rejuvenated so you can continue being the best parent possible.
- Nap Time! While your baby sleeps, you should try creating a nap time routine for yourself. This may not happen at the same time every day like most of your other tasks, but it gives you and your body a well-deserved break throughout the day. Just be sure to have a baby monitor near you so you’ll know if your little one needs anything.
Always Remember You’re Not Alone
- Things may not always go to plan. If the wheels fall off the train (and they usually do), go easy on yourself. If you’re having trouble with milk production or can’t get your baby to fall asleep, don’t beat yourself up. You love this little human so much and want to do everything perfectly for him or her… but always remind yourself that just because things aren’t going to plan, doesn’t mean you’re not doing a good job.
- The first few months are such a rollercoaster that the only people who can empathize with you are those going through the same thing, at the same time. We suggest that all new parents join a parenting group. Most classes will group together families whose babies are within a few weeks of one another, so everyone is pretty much dealing with similar issues at the same time. It’s an amazing resource—and often a much-needed outlet.
- Trust your instincts. With all the opinions you’ll hear, and the countless books thrown your way, new parents should always do what works for them and their baby. Don’t feel guilted or pressured into anything that isn’t working for your family. In the beginning, everything is a phase or a stage, and those things that keep you up at night now will become second nature in time or no longer be an issue.
While being a parent is a full-time job, taking one day at a time gives you better peace of mind. Dettol understands that being a new parent comes with great challenges but parents are the unsung heroes of any child’s life. In conjunction with Parents’ Day, Dettol would like to wish all parents a Happy Parents’ Day! Enjoy the journey and trust that you are not alone. You have Dettol, the world’s most trusted disinfectant brand which kills 99.99% of viruses, bacteria including the COVID-19 Omicron variant, right there beside you to give you the confidence, assurance and peace of mind to take on any given day with everyday protection made easy.