Shopee, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, concluded a successful 3.15 Consumer Day, its first mega sale of the year. More people were able to shop and reward themselves with Shopee, with 5 times more items bought in the first 2 hours of 15 March compared to an average day. Over 36 million Shopee vouchers were claimed per hour on 15 March, as users saved more on everything they needed.
With more users celebrating at 3.15, brands and sellers were able to easily connect with and engage them. Orders on Shopee Mall increased 5 times compared to an average day, as brands saw a surge in traffic to Official Stores. Local businesses also saw a boost in sales, powered by strong support from shoppers. In Singapore, mixshop, a Health & Wellness retailer emerged as one of the top sellers this 3.15.
Shoppers also celebrated 3.15 Consumer Day with Shopee all over social media, with close to 200,000 engagements recorded on Shopee Singapore’s social media channels during the campaign. Loyal Shopee users won up to $150 worth of shopping vouchers daily across the 3.15 Consumer Day period with the #ShopeeCelebratesYou Shopee Surprise Cart Challenge on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Zhou Junjie, Chief Commercial Officer, Shopee, said, “We are happy to see more people find time to celebrate and reward themselves at our first 3.15 Consumer Day. Our users will always form the core of everything we do, and we are proud to pioneer another special day for them and the millions of businesses we serve. The year has only just begun, and users can look forward to even more exciting activities to enjoy in the months ahead. We look forward to creating more value and joy for all of our users in the rest of 2022.”
3.15 Consumer Day in Singapore
In Singapore, more shoppers were able to discover the joy of online shopping with Shopee. In particular, 3.15 Consumer Day gave users the chance to show themselves and others around them some appreciation.
In line with the #ShopeeCelebratesYou theme, Shopee introduced its first ever 3.15 Shopee Consumer Star Awards, where shoppers’ choices and preferences are recognised through the opportunity to vote for their favourite brands for the following categories: Consumer Choice Award, The Outstanding Brand Award and ShopeePay Foodie Award. As a big thank you for their constant support, shoppers also got to enjoy special discounts offered by Shopee alongside the winning brands, with 100 of the lucky voters winning $15 no minimum spend Shopee vouchers.
Other 3.15 highlights in Singapore include:
Singaporeans found time to unwind with Shopee
- Users took the chance to reward themselves and others around them on 15th March.
- Home & Living, Beauty & Personal Care and Mobile & Gadgets were the most popular categories, with Jewellery & Accessories, Skincare Products and Mobile Accessories most in demand.
- Many also went all out to reward themselves at 3.15 Consumer Day, with one user spending over $100,000 on self-care items, skincare products and supplements.
Giving businesses a welcome boost
- 3.15 Consumer Day was the biggest shopping day in the first half of the year for many businesses:
- Local sellers saw a lift in traffic and transactions, with a local Health & Wellness retailer selling over 13,000 masks and accessories in 1 day.
- Users also discovered and purchased more from brands on Shopee Mall, with innisfree, Walch, Xiaomi, COSRX and Baseus emerging as crowd favourites.
Creating more value with ShopeePay
- More people continued to enjoy the ease and convenience of digital payments through ShopeePay. On 15 March, there was a 3 times increase in ShopeePay users and the number of ShopeePay transactions surged by 5 times.
- 1 in 6 ShopeePay users also shopped from new merchants across the 3.15 Consumer Day period.
Delighting consumers with more fun and entertainment
- 130 million plays were clocked on Shopee Prizes, as Singaporeans continued to play and earn more Shopee coins and prizes.
Download Shopee for free on the App Store or Google Play Store.