- This year, the World Gourmet Awards (WGA) 2021 adopted a hybrid format incorporating both physical and online elements for the event.
- 36 F&B establishments, chefs, sommeliers and restaurant managers were recognised for their outstanding culinary standards
- World Gourmet Summit also introduced its events for the year which includes a collaboration with private dining chefs such as Pasir Panjang boys, Annette Tan, Sarah Benjamin and Sandra Sim.
The award honoured the following:
- Aziza Ali, founder of Aziza’s, the first Malay fine dining restaurant in Singapore
- Helene Raudaschl, Chairman / Founder Indoguna Productions wins AllSpice Lifetime Achievement Award
- Chef Benton Toh, Senior Executive Sous Chef of The Ritz Carlton for his contribution as a mentor to more than a hundred young chefs
- Spa Esprit Group and Chef Oliver Truesdale Jutras for committing to sustainability in the F&B industry
Celebrating the best from the culinary world
Despite the current pandemic, The World Gourmet Awards (WGA) returned to discover and celebrate new outstanding talents from the culinary industry.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the signature event adopted a hybrid format. It was held between 17th to 19th May at 3 PM on Facebook Live, and followed by an intimate trophy ceremony to celebrate the award recipients on the 5th of July 2021. This event will be broken up into two different sessions and will be held at One Farrer Hotel.
“Today, the F&B Industry is still doing its best to survive despite much of Singapore being locked down due to Covid-19. As a result, people are scared about what will happen in their future but there’s nothing stopping these 36 award recipients this year from proving that hard work does indeed pay off. “ said Peter Knipp, Founder, World Gourmet Summit.
Some of these awards received include the Lifetime Achievements, the USA Rice Federation Chef Mentor / Apprentice of the Year as well as the addition of new members to their coveted Hall of Fame. . The World Gourmet Summit (WGS)’s 21st edition took place with the theme ‘Remastered’, which celebrates both the past winners as well as future generations who are ready to make their mark on this industry.
About World Gourmet Summit (www.worldgourmetsummit.com)
World Gourmet Summit (WGS), Asia’s premier haute cuisine festival to celebrate fine cuisines, excellent wines, and wonderful dining experiences presents a unique opportunity to relish gourmet dishes sporting a multitude of culinary influences.
Inaugurated in 1997, the World Gourmet Summit is widely regarded as Asia’s foremost gastronomic event. The WGS epitomises the cuisine, wine, and dining elements of gastronomy. Internationally recognised, the WGS has been conferred 55 awards in the annual International Festivals and Exhibitions Association (IFEA) ceremony in the United States of America since 2000. The World Gourmet Summit is organised by Peter Knipp Holdings Pte Ltd (PKH) and is supported by the Singapore Tourism Board (STB).
Leran more here: https://wgsawards.com/wga2021/booklet/#p=1